Chef Thomas Nowak of Chesa Swiss Restaurant shares with Bangkok Nightlife this easy to prepare special recipe.
- Boiled Potatoes (Boiled the night before then shred) – 200g
- Chopped Onions – 1 tbs
- Bacon (Cut in Strips) – 1 tbs
- Nutmeg – Pinch
- Salt & Pepper – Pinch
- Sliced Veal Liver – 100g
- Chopped Shallots – 1 tsp
- Port Wine – 2 tbs
- Raspberry Vinegar – 1 tbs
- Gravy – 3 tbs
- Deep fried onions for decoration – 1 tsp
Directions for the Rosti
- Sauté the onion and bacon with a little butter on slow heat for a minute.
- Add the shredded potatoes season it with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Mix it and fry on both sides until golden brown.
- Add some butter if it gets too dry.
- Keep Warm
- Season the liver with salt and pepper, add some white flour.
- Pre-heat an iron pan very hot until it smokes.
- Add oil and fry the liver quickly on all sides for not more than 30 seconds.
- Put the liver on top of the Rosti.
- Add the shallots, raspberry vinegar, and the port wine to the pan.
- Reduce a little, fill it up with the gravy, then reduce again to a nice consistency.
- Put it over the liver and around the plate.