Hummus is a traditional and populair middle-eastern food dip or spread. It’s made with ‘hummus’ witch is the Arabic word for ‘Chickpeas’
It is usually served with flatbread such as Pita. This Hummus is prepared by the chef’s of ‘Al Nafoora’
- Chickpeas – 19 oz
- Water – 125 ml
- Lemon- 2 pieces
- Crushed garlic – 2 pieces
- Tahini – 125 ml
- Salt, cumin and olive oil – on feeling.
- Drain the chickpeas and set aside the liquid.
- Combine all the remains and blend them.
- Add the water, tahini, lemon juice and garlic.
- Add 1/4 of the total amount of chickpeas liquid. Blend for 3/5 minutes until smooth.
- Place in serving bowl and create a shallow well in the middle of the hummus.
- Add 1 or 2 tablespoons of oliveoil in the shallow well.