Pad See Ew is a common noodle dish in Thailand , a comfort food for most Thai people. Pad See Ew dish is made by stir frying wide rice noodles with sweet dark soy sauce, chicken, and Chinese broccoli.
- Fresh wide, flat rice noodles – 8 ounces
- Thin Slices of Chicken – 1/2 cup
- Garlic finely chopped- 2 cloves
- Chinese broccoli, chopped coarsely – 2 cups
- Large egg- 1
- Soy sauce – 2 tbs
- Oyster sauce – 2 tbs
- Vinegar – 2 tbs
- Sugar – 1 tbs
- Mix soy sauce, oyster sauce, vinegar, and sugar together. Set aside the sauce.
- Prepare rice noodles by blanching in simmering water for a few seconds. Separate each noodle if stuck together.
- Add oil to wok and heat it to high heat. Add the garlic and saute for a minute. Then add the chicken and saute until cooked.
- Add a little more oil after 2 minutes crack an egg and scramble it in the middle of the wok.
- Push everything to the side and add the blanched rice noodles and sauce prepared earlier.
- Mix everything together and stir fry until there is not much liquid left in the wok.
- Add Chinese broccoli to the noodles and cook until wilted.
- Serve hot.